Anyone who really knows me, knows I detest coconut.
I can detect it in any foods given to me. My wife hates this, especially when buying curry or other cooking sauces. Searching jars ingredients labels. She can say, it isn't in the sauce, I will argue it is. My tongue can sense the bits. As a superpower, its shit.
I can't help myself but I have to prove I'm right. So I always get the jar and look at the ingredients. Realise I can't read the small poxy writing on the label so have to hunt for my glasses. I've never failed yet. One day, my detector tongue will make a mistake, but not yet.
Last night, I washed my hands with hand-wash from the dispenser. I thought I could smell coconut. I shuddered. I yelled for my wife, 2 rooms away, asking if she bought coconut hand-wash. No. She reckoned it was Honey and Milk. Small banter occurred. I wasn't convinced. I was positive she had bought coconut , and on purpose. I rooted around the bathroom drawers. Found the bottle. Damn, she was right, it says Honey and Milk. Still not convinced, I check the ingredients. Aha. Nope, the word coconut isn't listed.
Why. Why. Why can I still smell horrible coconut?
I re-examine the label. And look up Cocamidopropyl betaine. Check out the picture attached. I rest my case. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment