Sunday, 9 August 2026

Rage

Rage is brewing inside me. It's starting to consume me, more and more daily.

Not at anyone mind you, just at life.

I've been sober over 12 years and the outcome of this week is testing even my stubbornness not to pick up a pint or a bottle of vodka.

On Tuesday my wife has to go for an operation under her skull. To sheath her trigeminal nerve. What a sentence. Until 3 week ago I never fully understood what it meant.

My brain is flitting between anger and sadness. Try as I might to be strong, I'm absolutely failing. Good portion of yesterday was wiping tears away. And as I type the buggers have returned.

The speed of seeing the specialist (he probably had a different job title but I missed it) to getting a surgery appointment took us by surprise as he claimed it's usually upto 6 months.

I'm slowly turning into a gibbering wreck 

No comments:

Post a Comment