This has been a weird emotional week for me.
It started when I decided to write something different to my book. Hoping a break, different thought processes might be reinvigorating to me, I choose a word as a writing prompt. Since I was already thinking about what to plant in my allotment this spring, I started writing about my history with allotments.
My earliest memories involved family members who are no longer with us. 8 of them in fact including my dad. This unfortunately coincided with the 6th anniversary of his death on Feb 15th. Yeah. I hit a downer.
Oh that's not all. I mistakenly misremembered the date. I originally thought it was the 13th. So, when I read my eldest son post on Facebook on the correct day, a huge wave of guilt kicked me all over. How could I forget the date he died?
And, wait for it. I had forgotten to take my happy pills this week as well.
I must have been a joy to be around for my family. No wonder they buy me lovely gifts.
No comments:
Post a Comment